Beautiful bathroom furniture can transform an ordinary bathroom into a haven of relaxation with a warm touch of wood and homely finishes. Not only that, but bathroom furniture such as bathroom vanity units and cabinets can provide a functional purpose, turning cluttered homes into organized spaces of tranquility.
If you want to prolong the life and the look of your bathroom furniture collection, here are some great tips on the best bathroom cleaning techniques.
Keeping Your Bathroom Clean and Tidy
Your bathroom is one of the most used rooms of the house, with every member of the family using it for a number of different purposes. It’s a place of relaxation, a place of grooming, a place for long steamy baths and a place to reflect. From brushing your teeth and trimming your hair to quick showers and pedicures, the bathroom sees a high footfall and a lot of action; products are opened and closed, liquids are used in every corner of the room. There’s no wonder that bathrooms harbor so many stains and smells from daily life.
If you want to keep your bathroom looking as new as the day it was designed, there are many ways of maintaining it. But most importantly, keeping it tidy and organized is the key.
Here are some other handy tips for keeping your bathroom furniture looking great:
1. Daily surface wiping – damp can build up in bathrooms very easily and black mold can form if left to develop. Wipe your furniture daily to keep the top layer as clean as possible and ensure that you are doing everything you can to air and ventilate the bathroom.
2. Ventilation – install effective ventilation methods to fight the effects of damp and mold. In the summer, air out the bathroom whenever you can with the windows open as this will keep your bathroom furniture as dry as possible.
3. Use an old toothbrush – bathroom furniture is practical and stylish and can enhance your home in many ways, but it is also prone to dirt and mold build up. Use an old toothbrush to gently scour away any debris and use a damp cloth to wipe over.
4. Use cleaning solutions – whether you’re an all-natural cleaning goddess or you love the top household brands, cleaning solutions and liquids can help you eliminate grime as well as preventing the return of it.
5. Dust regularly – dusting is something that should be done throughout the home. Dust mites can be very harmful to the human body and can also aggravate allergies so make sure that all bathroom furniture is dusted. Use a dust-resistant cleaning polish to finish off.
6. Clean inside the cupboards – with bathroom furniture, it’s important to clean inside as well as out. As cupboards and vanity units get so much use, it’s important to tackle the spillages and leaks which come with many bathroom products. Debris can build up on the corners so use a vacuum cleaner to tackle all those hard to reach areas!
Pure KBB offers a luxury range of bathroom furniture and bathroom products, including bathroom cabinets and bathroom vanity units.